top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What methods of payment does The Law Office of W. William Robinson, III accept?

We accept cash, money order, and credit and debit card payments.  Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are all accepted.  Credit and debit card payments may be made over the phone during normal business hours.  Money orders should be made out to "Robinson Law."  Unfortunately, we are unable to take payments over the internet at this time. 

I owe money to the court for fines and costs.  How do I make this payment?

Our local courts accept payment over the phone, online, or by mail.  Please visit the court's website at to make payment online.

What is a "driving record" and how do I obtain it?

Driving records are documents that show your previous traffic violations (i.e. speeding tickets, license suspensions, accidents, etc.)  Although driving records may be obtained from a number of different sources, the court only accepts driving records that are obtained directly from your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (or other official licensing agency.)  Most states allow you to request your driving record through their official Department of Motor Vehicle's website.  However, there are a handful of states that do not allow this.  If your state is one that will not allow you to request the driving record online, we suggest that you call your local Department of Motor Vehicles to inquire how best to obtain the document.

Here is a list of websites for obtaining your driving record for some of the states that we encounter on a more regular basis:


**Although Virginia driving records can be printed directly from the above website, our local judge will not accept this version of driving record.  As a result, you have one of two options when obtaining your VA record: you may either visit the above website and request that your driving record be mailed to you, or you may visit the DMV in person to obtain a copy of your driving record.

North Carolina

**There are several versions of records in NC.  You will want to select the $10 "complete extract copy."

New York

bottom of page